Best Dedicated IP VPN
5 Best Dedicated IP VPNs – Top Rated VPN with Static IP
As you probably know, the VPN is a service that protects a user’s data. Basically, the ISP assigns your computer a particular IP address, which is unique to it. It’s interesting to note that with the IP address, anyone can determine your location by tracking it. However, the VPN intercepts this real IP address, caches it and assigns you another IP address, thus vaguely modifying your location.
Essentially, an IP address is a unique number assigned to every computer device connected to the Internet. In other words, every computer or smartphone used to surf the web has a unique number (like a home address), which is used to identify and locate it.
Types of IP Address
In this context, IP addresses could be either static or dynamic. Dynamic IP addresses are IP addresses assigned by ISPs, Wi-Fi networks and Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) that change from time to time. In contrast, static IP addresses do not change. For some reason, ISPs prefer to use dynamic IP addresses rather than static IP addresses.
Also known as a dedicated IP address, a static IP address is assigned to one device and cannot be shared with another. Note that we will use static IP addresses and dedicated IP addresses interchangeably in this guide.
Here’s the rub: some VPN service providers assign you a static IP address, which means that when you connect to a particular server, you will always have that IP address. Also, when you are assigned a dedicated IP address, it means you don’t have to share it with anyone. Note that many service providers do not offer dedicated IP addresses.
If you want to benefit from torrents and streaming services, you need to subscribe to a static IP VPN. At this point, we will share with you some dedicated IP VPN service providers.
5 Best Dedicated IP VPN – Comparison Table
Top 5 Best Dedicated IP VPN
5. CyberGhost – User-Friendly Dedicated IP VPN
Money-back guarantee: 45-day
If you really want to take advantage of a service provider that offers a dedicated IP VPN service, you should opt for CyberGhost. While its development company is based in Romania, the software is developed in Germany. Indeed, this company has a vast server park with 5,700 servers deployed on 112 sites worldwide.
When you are connected to one of these servers, you can be sure that the service will assign you a dedicated IP address. The software is also easy to install and configure, which means that many beginners can come along. Today, more than 10 million people use this software.
Supported Client Software:
- Industry standard 256-bit encryption
- It allows 7 devices to connect at the same time
- An automatic Internet kill switch is readily available
- It runs on all the operating systems
- It has Wi-Fi Protection and DNS leak protection
- There is support for IKEv2, OpenVPN, PPTP, etc.
- There are lots of extras, such as Automated HTTPS, OpenVPN, etc.
- This gives an awesome torrenting experience
- The customer care responses to questions round the clock via live chats
- It is good for unblocking and streaming geo-blocked sites, such as Netflix, and BBC iPlayer
- The one-day trial period is short
- Not the fastest service on the market
While Netflix is trying to find a way to block it, CyberGhost continues to change its IP address just to avoid such crackdowns. Indeed, the software development company runs a business that supports an uncensored Internet. In addition, all PPTP, OpenVPN, IPSec and L2TP protocols are available for manual configuration.
It also runs on Windows, Linux, Android, iOS and MacOS. With its unlimited bandwidth and AES-256-bit encryption, it has become one of the most popular high-end software on the market today. It is a must try.
Read our detailed review of CyberGhost.
4. TorGuard – Great Option for Dedicated IP
Money-back guarantee: 7-day
Although the TorGuard VPN is not as popular as some of the major dedicated IP VPNs we have reviewed in this list, it is one of the most powerful cybersecurity services in the industry today. It has 3,000 fast VPN servers deployed at 50 locations worldwide. Guess what? The VPN provider also has 3,000 IP addresses – including dedicated IP addresses. Once you subscribe to this service, you can seamlessly unlock and stream activity. First, you’ll start by unblocking the popular sites BBC iPlayer, Amazon Fire TV, Hulu and the rest. Then you’ll be able to take advantage of all the benefits of dedicated IP addresses, such as longer waiting times for business management, better control of web traffic and protection against DDoS attacks.
Based in the US, TorGuard also allows you to connect up to 5 devices at the same time, which means it gives you space to share with family and colleagues. In addition, it is compatible with all common operating systems, such as Windows, MacOS, Linux, Android, iOS, etc. To ensure that your online activities are intact, this dedicated IP VPN has many security features, such as IP leakage protection, DNS leakage protection, WebRTC leakage protection and more. There are even more interesting features.
Supported Client Software:
- TorGuard has no fewer than 3,000 servers scattered across 50 locations
- 8 devices to connect at the same time
- Runs on all the operating systems
- TorGuard is good for unblocking and streaming Netflix and BBC iPlayer and for torrenting
- It offers high-level encryption
- This VPN has a robust security due to its advanced encryption protocol
- It has support for multiple security VPN protocols, including OpenConnect SSL, AnyConnect, etc.
- A user can pay in Bitcoin
- There is a DNS leak protection
- TorGuard does not collect or store log data
- It needs to improve the network speed
Do you use routers and Boxeebee to surf the web? If so, this service provider has your best interest at heart, as it is also compatible with them. We must not fail to mention that if you have difficulties establishing a connection with him, you can contact his customer service. Of course, you can do this via live chat or email. In this case, you can be sure to get an answer as soon as possible, as the team works 24 hours a day. You’ll be interested to know that TorGuard can switch automatically from one server to another.
In short, it has unlimited server switching capabilities. As icing on the cake, this dedicated IP VPN is very affordable. If you are looking for the perfect dedicated IP VPN for the torrent, TorGuard is highly recommended, as it is specially designed for this purpose. Keep in mind that the service allows torrents through its network without torrents having to pay extra fees – no matter how big the file. With all these advantages, TorGuard remains one of the best dedicated IP VPNs in the cybersecurity market.
Read our detailed review of TorGuard.
3. PureVPN – Fast Option for Dedicated IPs
Money-back guarantee: 31-day
With footprints in approximately 180 locations worldwide, PureVPN reaffirms its position as one of the best dedicated IP VPNs in the industry. However, you can only access these services from the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, Germany, Hong Kong, Malta and Singapore. Although it currently covers these locations, efforts are underway to expand it to other regions of the world. That said, that means you can bypass the U.S. and Canadian services of Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hobo, Amazon Fire TV and a host of others.
You can have your family, friends and colleagues connect to the network at the same time and enjoy the service, as it allows up to 5 devices to connect at the same time. It is interesting to note that it is compatible with the most common operating systems, such as Windows, Linux, MacOS, Android, iOS, etc. With your smart device connected to its server, you don’t have to worry about your security, because this VPN offers you enterprise-class security. If you have trouble connecting to a dedicated IP server, you can always contact its customer service to help you. Today, the price of this VPN remains one of the most competitive on the market. Indeed, it is an essential dedicated IP VPN.
Supported Client Software:
- 300,000 IP addresses with dedicated IP addresses in 8 countries
- 2,000 servers scattered across 180 locations
- DDoS protection
- Kill switch and Double VPN
- Supports up to 5 devices
- PureVPN has dedicated servers for unblocking the firewalls of China
- The connection speed is ultrafast
- It can unblock and stream US Netflix, Hulu, Fire Stick and BBC iPlayer
- It doesn’t keep logs
- This product also boasts high-level security and anonymity
- Sometimes, users find it frustrating to connect
With 300,000 IP addresses available to a growing community of subscribers, there’s nothing wrong with getting a real value for your money by subscribing to this dedicated IP VPN. From MacOS to Windows, iOS to Linux, Android to Chrome and Firefox web extensions, the software works seamlessly on all these systems.
Over the years, the service has changed its streaming servers to prevent the American streaming giant Netflix from destroying it. Today, it is still active and has more and more users. Thanks to its strictly enforced no-log policy, high speed, affordable subscription and high security, PureVPN continues to win the hearts of new subscribers around the world. You should give it a try.
Read our detailed review of PureVPN.
2. VyprVPN – Great Dedicated IP VPN Service
Money-back guarantee: 30-day
When it comes to a dedicated IP VPN that you can trust at all times, you can always turn to VyprVPN. It controls the entire architecture of its servers. In other words, it does not outsource the management of its servers to third party companies. With up to 200,000 IP addresses for a growing community of its subscribers worldwide, you can always count on this service to assign you dedicated IP addresses that allow you to bypass geo-blocked sites, such as US Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hobo, Amazon Fire TV, etc.
In total, it has 700 high-speed servers deployed in 70 locations around the world. It is worth mentioning that it is equipped with Chameleon technology, a feature that allows you to bypass geo-blocked sites. Another factor that makes VyprVPN’s dedicated IP address a good decision is its exceptional speed. At its pace, service will not be slowed down when a connection is established. In addition, VyprVPN places a high priority on user anonymity and security. For example, it has military-grade 256-bit encryption, a no log-in policy, DNS leakage protection, an Internet kill switch, and many other security features. Here are some of the features you’ll find comforting about this dedicated IP VPN.
Supported Client Software:
- It has more than 700 servers across 70 locations around the world
- This service supports the simultaneous connection of 5 devices
- The features can be customized to suit a user
- NAT Firewall is enabled
- There is a 24/7 helpdesk team that answers queries
- This VPN leverages the industry’s innovative technology to deliver high-level security and anonymity
- There are no-log policy, DNS leak protection and Internet kill switch
- The connection is fast and reliable
- Chameleon Technology enables users to circumvent Internet filters including China’s Great Firewall
- The monthly renewal price is high
In addition to managing its servers worldwide, VyprVPN has become the first dedicated IP VPN provider to allow an independent auditing firm to perform a complete audit of its infrastructure. This is a concerted effort to show the world that transparency is its watchword. Look at it this way: It means that this dedicated IP VPN provider is not mincing words when it claims to have protection against DNS leaks and has implemented a no-login policy. This way, every time you use VyprVPN, you can be sure that the company is not recording your online activities.
You may be having trouble establishing a reliable connection to the VPN, there is a solution. You can quickly contact customer service via email or live chat. In this case, they will respond to your message at the drop of a hat. More importantly, you can get a dedicated IP address from VyprVPN for torrenting. Yes, this is possible. When it comes to speed, there’s split tunneling and unlimited bandwidth – these features go a long way to enhancing your experience. All of these benefits and more explain why this VPN deserves a place on the list of the best dedicated IP VPN services.
Read our detailed review of VyprVPN.
1. NordVPN – Secured VPN for Dedicated IP
Money-back guarantee: 30-day
Looking for a static IP address VPN online? If so, NordVPN will meet your expectations. Here’s a high-end service provider that has been in the business since 2012. Based in Panama, this service provider has extensive server coverage worldwide. Specifically, it has more than 5,100 servers in 60 locations around the world.
As for servers with dedicated IP addresses, they are located in the United States, Germany, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom. To benefit from the services of these dedicated IP addresses, a user must first register. Then the user will add the dedicated IP addresses as “additional features”.
Supported Client Software:
- NordVPN has 5100+ servers in 60 locations around the world
- 2048-bit DH Keys encryption
- It allows 6 devices to be connected at the simultaneously
- There is an Internet kill switch
- It supports many different protocols
- Runs on Windows, Android, iOS, MacOS, etc.
- With NordVPN, you can effortlessly unblock Netflix, Hulu and BBC iPlayer
- Double Data Encryption for improved data encryption
- It is also super good for VoIP
- It has a vast coverage of server spread around the world
- It is cool for torrenting
- Customer service is not awesome
- It is pricey
By efficiently managing DNS queries and using double data encryption technology, a user’s location remains hidden. Today, NordVPN is recognized as the most secure premium service in the industry. There is a home-based server that provides a service of the utmost importance. To maximize its potential, you should always leave it on and accessible to other servers.
Even when you are far from home, you can connect to 6 remote devices. Finally, it offers fascinating extras, such as DDoS protection, intelligent DNS service and malware blocker. With all these benefits, there’s no doubt that this service deserves a place on your list.
Read our detailed review of NordVPN.
Differences Between Dedicated IP and Shared IP
The main differences between the two IP configurations are explained below.
- Number of users: Multiple users as many as 100 have access to shared IPs. Dedicated IPs, on the other hand, are only used by a single subscriber.
- Subscription cost: Getting a dedicated IP is more expensive than using a shared IP. In fact, most VPNs that offer dedicated IP services will give you a shared IP by default until you make the bold decision to migrate to the dedicated IP configuration.
- Business reputation: The use of a dedicated IP address helps establish a solid reputation as opposed to a shared IP address. For example, if you always send more than 100,000 emails a year, it is better to opt for a dedicated IP address. Most of the time, a dedicated IP address offers better tools for sending the email. In addition, most service providers check your IP address when you visit their sites. If you have a dedicated IP address, you will not have a problem with these services. However, they may flag your account if you continue to use shared IP addresses to access their services. Examples include PayPal, eBay, Amazon, and others.
- Default IP address assignment: In a typical residential Internet service, the ISP allocates shared IP addresses from its pool of IP addresses, but this is not common with business clients, as they run on web servers. In other words, while IP sharing is common for many individual users, dedicated IP works well for commercial users (web servers).
- User privacy: Privacy protection is better with a shared IP address than with a dedicated IP address because the user of the latter can be identified through account details and revealed identity. As a result, many VPN companies do not offer dedicated IP services.
- Blacklisted by certain services: Bad neighbor effect is a situation in which someone who shares the same IP address as you is blacklisted by certain services. For some reason, the user may be throttled (although this is very rare), captcha’d or even blocked. Sometimes emails are directed to the spam box. This means that you will be affected in a shared IP scenario, but a dedicated IP address has nothing to do with it.
The Benefits of Dedicated IP Address
It should be noted categorically that every time you connect to a VPN server without subscribing to a dedicated IP address, you get a dynamic address. This means that you continue to share it with people. However, when you subscribe to a dedicated IP address, which involves additional costs anyway, you benefit from the following advantages:
- Improved reputation: Just like your usual identity, the dedicated IP address does not change, because you can identify yourself there at any time, any day. It reassures the people who deal with you about your reputation, especially when it comes to a business where trust is essential. For example, because of its good reputation, Gmail will deliver emails from dedicated IP addresses faster than from shared IP addresses.
- Easy website access: A dedicated IP address allows you to access your website anytime and anywhere. Sometimes you can find out what your site looks like before you launch it. This type of IP configuration will allow you to access the server directly without changing your domain’s DNS settings. If you need an IP address to manage your business, you should choose this configuration because you need potential customers to find you easily.
- Enjoy certain services: There are cases where certain applications require dedicated IPs to operate efficiently. In other words, applications or scripts cannot function properly without a dedicated IP address. However, most applications run on shared IP addresses because dedicated IP addresses are not that common. In addition, you get faster speed because you have more bandwidth with a dedicated IP address. Some servers only allow access to one specific IP address, regardless of where you are located.
- Bad neighbor Effect: If you are using popular Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) such as Private Internet Access and TorGuard, you have probably encountered this problem, as they often assign shared IP addresses to their subscribers. A major disadvantage of shared IP addresses is the bad neighbor effect. However, a dedicated IP address does not have this problem, as you are often protected. In other words, you will not be blacklisted for “errors” from another user.
- Less prone to hacking: Security is perceived differently in the VPN world. When you share an IP address with a hacker, you automatically become vulnerable because your system could be hacked by the cybercriminal. However, it’s a totally different thing when you have access to a dedicated IP address.
- No additional verifications: When a shared IP address is blacklisted on certain websites or services, the company may impose captcha (additional verification requirement) as a means of punishing the user before the user is allowed to use the service. This means that you may be subject to additional verification requirements because your shared IP address has been blacklisted. However, this is not the case with dedicated IP addresses. The use of additional verification for blacklisted IP addresses is common among services such as Gmail, PayPal, eBay, and so on.
Disadvantages of Dedicated IP Address
So far, we have discussed some of the benefits you can get from a dedicated IP address. We will now look at the disadvantages of dedicated IP addresses.
- Subscription cost: One of the main disadvantages of a dedicated IP address is its price. For most dedicated IP VPN providers, the price of a dedicated IP address is about 3 to 5 times higher than a shared IP address.
- Less anonymity: Keep in mind that most users sign up for VPN services in the first place because they are looking for security. Since you don’t share your IP address with anyone, your level of anonymity will be reduced.
Overall Conclusion About Dedicated IP VPN
From the above, you can take advantage of many interesting things when you pay for a dedicated IP address. For example, you will have access to postal services (Gmail and Yahoo!) and entertainment sites, as explained above. So, if you want to bypass any restrictions, you will need a dedicated IP VPN to do so.
If you need to use this service, you need to make sure you buy a static IP VPN. We have taken the time to explain the basics of dedicated IP addresses. Therefore, we encourage you to choose from the list of VPNs we have reviewed above if you want to enjoy a truly free Internet.